February 25, 2010

Review: Chanel Pro Lumiere Foundation SPF 15


I have been wanting to try out this foundation for so long! I picked this up at the Chanel counter inside my local Macy's for $54.00. As with many foundations, I always get concerned about finding the right color match. My face demands a light nutty color with a very yellow base. Some companies can't get the yellow right and I end up looking ashy. Chanel didn't have a huge color range but I did get lucky with the shade Sand.

The consistency of this foundation is so silky and luxurious feeling. Like butta! It glides over your skin without feeling like you are applying a mask. Since I have oily skin, I spot treat the drier areas of my face with moisturizer before applying. The coverage is a buildable medium to full. If you have perfect skin...then you will only need a dime size amount for your entire face. The elasticity allows for so much coverage. I cover blemishes, scars and under eye circles with concealer and then use my fingers to apply a nickel size amount for a flawless face. I set using MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural. The finished look is polished and still allows your skin to shine through.

0 comments: